WELCOME TO MCLENNAN
WELCOME TO OUR HOMETOWN
McLennan, Alberta loted in the beautiful Peace Country. McLennan is an hour drive south of Peace River, two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and approximately 4 hours northwest of Edmonton.
McLennan is known as a transportation town, it is the hub of the Northern Railway Line. The railline from McLennan transports freight to and from the North up to Hay River,NWT and goes South from McLennan connecting to the Edmonton rail lines. In addition to rail service, the primary Highway 2 passes through the Town of McLennan.
The population in 2017 was 791. Though small, we are a community with a lot of heart.
Our town provides services to entire region with the lol hospital and RCMP detachment loted here.
To file a report of a breach of a Public health Order, please file the complaint using the AHS website or this link https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals.com/create-se/ .
COVID 19 Update Smoky River Region - March 30, 2020
MP Arnold Veirsen Peace River-Westlock March 27, 2020 Update
MP Aronld Viersen Peace River-Westlock March 20, COVID-19 Update
COVID 19 Update Smoky River Region - March 18, 2020
MP Arnold Viersen Peace River-Westlock March 18, 20 COVID-19 Update
MP Arnold Viersen Peace River-Westlock March 17, 20 Covid 19 Update
COVID 19 Update Smoky River Region - March 16, 2020
COVID 19 Update Smoky River Region - March 11, 2020
Within Alberta, the most up to date information lolly including current situation, risk, ses and testing, prevention, etc. n be found at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
All national updates n be found at: nada.ca/coronavirus
World Health Organization information & updates: https://www.who.int
Voyent Alert Notifition System: Smoky River Voyent Alert: This system will keep you informed during times of crisis for the Smoky River Region delivered right to your computer or phone. This service is FREE.
1. Mobile App Notifitions. Download and install the Voyent Alert! app from the Apple or Google Play app stores.
2. Email, Phone or SMS Notifitions. Register online to recieve alerts at https://register.voyent-alert.com
Grocery and Pharmacy Delivery. If you are unable to leave your home and need assistance with groceries or pharmaceutil needs please fee free to ll the FCSS office at 780-837-2220.
If you are willing to volunteer to assist others in this time of need please ll our office 780-837-2220.
Please be aware that we will follow health and safety procedures, and if you have any of these symptoms - fever, cough, sore throat, or have travelled out of the country in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who fits any of these descriptions please stay home and self iosolate.
Child re Services check out the new facebook page: Babysitters of Smoky River
Food Bank Service. As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the food bank will NOT be accepting food items at this time. This will be reassessed and could be subject to change. If you have any questions regarding the operations of the Satellite Food Bank in Falher, please ll 780-837-2220.
FIRE BAN IN EFFECT
There is a Fire Ban in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta and MD of Smoky River.
All fire permits are suspended or ncelled. Some allowances n be made for essential agricultural and industrial burning, but will need to be approved by a forest officer of Fire Guardian.
- ? safe wood mpfires on public lands.
- ? safe wood mpfires on private land and provincial mpgrounds.
- ? backyard firepits, and
- ? barbeques with charcoal briquettes.
- ? propane / natural gas powered
- ? open flame CSA approved oil
- ? wood fires in an enclosed facility or device, which have a chimney with a spark arrestor
- ? OHVs are currently allowed.
- backyard firepits in Towns, village and Five Star are allowed in approved covered pit in accordance with fire bylaw.
Regional Fire Chief
Director of Emergency Management
Director of Protective Services
MD Smoky River No.130
“Lifes is too short; Remember”
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” ! by-W.G.
Fire and Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) ban
Effective April 15th, 2020 the Province has implemented a Fire and OHV ban in the Forest Protection Area. This includes Alberta Parks and Protected Areas.
In the M.D. of Smoky River:
- No fire permits will be issued and any existing fire permits are immediately ncelled
- Burning in burn barrels and fire pits is permitted, however spark arresting devises must be used
- OHV’s may be utilized on private property
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Regional Fire Chief
Around Town & Enjoying the Lakeshore of Kimiwan Lake
Please remember that when enjoying the natural beauty of the lakeshore that this is a nature wildlife habitat and is used by both people and animals. Stay utious and alert for signs that animals have been there recently. Some perutions to take are: Stay alert, keep children near and keep dogs leashed. Report sightings of bears, cougars and other large predatory wildlife to the Town of McLennan at 780-324-3065 or the Peace River Conservation Office at 780-624-6405.
News & Notices
2021 General Municipal Election
Nominations for Mayor & Councillors will be accepted on January 1, 2021, all the way through to September 20, 2021, at 12:00 noon.
If you are considering running for Council and would like more information, please download the Nomination Package.
Nomination Form - deadline to submit is September 20, 2021 at 12:00 noon
The next general election is scheduled to take place on Monday, October 18, 2021, at the Town Centre Building, Town Office loted at 19 - 1st Avenue NW between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Town of McLennan residents will elect a Mayor and 6 Councillors to serve a four-year term.
Town of McLennan
Invitation to Tender for Elks Hall Renovations
The Town of McLennan is seeking a contractor for renovations at the Elks Hall.
Tender is for the following work:
- Remove and install new counter tops in the kitchen
- Remove and install new Drop & Done Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring
- Install new baseboards and vent grills in the kitchen
- Remove and install new basement door
All bids must be:
- Bid must break down the cost of the labour and supplies
- Clearly state if your bid is for labour only, or if it includes both labout and supplies
- Clearly mark Elks Hall Renovation Tender on the front of the envelope
- Indite if bid includes GST or not
- Drop off or mail your tender to Town of McLennan Box 356, McLennan,AB T0H 2L0
The Town of McLennan may accept any Tender, whether it is the lowest or not, or may reject any or all Tenders
For more information contact Maggie Gervais at 780-837-0511
Closing Date of Tender: September 3, 2021 at 4:00p.m.